Thursday, March 27, 2008

Why I Blog: a Meme

Famed Medievalist and Pirate Fan, Jennifer Lynn Jordan of Per Omnia Saecula tagged me in this meme and I would be remiss if I did not post it. I'd also be remiss if I did not board and sink her various enemies, no matter how land-locked, in the cause of friendship, but I digress.

So here are the rules.

Repeat the meme rules.
Give three reasons why you blog.
Tag three bloggers to continue.

Let the Meme Begin!

1. The first reason I blog is because I love pirates and have spent several years studying them and writing about them in ways that don't lead to a degree and while there was a chance of my work being published, it now seems unlikely. I was part of a group who put together some internal documents for a popular pirate trilogy that came out recently but that I have to refer to indirectly for legal reasons and while they held out the carrot that our work might be delivered to the hands of the pirate-loving populace, I despair at the hope that my name will be published on that particular piece of work. Therefore I have taken my love of pirates and not-un-significant 3 years of research and bring it to your, me hearties.

2. In my travels through the web searching for pirate sources, I did not find a blog that covered piracy and pirates in a broad way that incorporated: multiple epochs of time, modern piracy, piratical themes, movies, video games, internet resources, news, or events. I hope I'm helping to fill the void for those who enjoy pirates and who are searching for information both piratical and engaging.

3. The third reason I blog is personal, I'm a freelancer and I spend a lot of my time working from home, taking care of my one-year-old first mate, the notorious pirate, Beatrix of the Stinky Pants. I often have days where I haven't got a deadline bearing down on me and writing about Pirates and the High Seas is fun for me.

I hope you all like this blog and that you're getting something from reading it. Any ideas how I might improve the blog or something you'd like to see me cover, I'd love to talk to you about it.

I hereby tag the Occasional Superheroine, Abundibot at the Daily Kos, and You, the reader whose blog I have yet to read! post your link in the comments section and I will read it with a vengence.

No comments: